Sunday, August 31, 2014

Ipsy Unboxing: August 2014

PRODUCTS:
- Lord & Berry Black Mini Kohl-Liner (.6g)
- Glam Glow Youthmud (.5fl oz)
- Manna Kadar Sheer Glow Shimmer Lotion (0.27 oz)
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (0.1fl oz)
- Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Balm (.15 0z)

REVIEW:
Okay so there were 5 products in this bag, but this bag was totally a downer. The ONLY full size item this month was a LIP BALM, which you can't really make in a mini size since they are relatively already so small. So the full size balm prices range from $2.99-$3.99, and the sample sizes range from affordable to only one usage. Now lets dissect each one, shall we.

Lord & Berry Mini Liner:
So this thing is the size of my pinky, and the formula is kinda soft and kinda pigmented. For this I could've gone to the dollar store and bought a full size ELF one and get more use out of it. So yeah, not excited to get this product.

Glam Glow Youthmud:
There is probably 1-2 uses of this product. And I know its a very expensive product, but at least we get to try it, which is the real meaning of these products. The thing is, if you want me to buy a $60+ exfoliator, you should give out larger sample sizes so I can actually TRY the product.

Manna Kadar Sheer Glow Lotion:
This is probably my favorite product. Yes, it is tiny, but you only need a little to get a full face of highlighting. I use this as a cheek highlighter, but you can add it into your foundation for an all around highlighted look. It is a pinkish tone, so you might have to incorporate it into your look, but still, I CAN ACTUALLY USE THIS PRODUCT.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara:
Yes, I love how they added a higher brand, but seriously. The size of the tube, is the size of my middle finger, but the brush takes up all of the inside, so just imagine how much product is inside. I say 4-5 uses before it gets clumpy and dry. I could probably get this for FREE if I ordered directly from UD.

Mongongo Lip Balm:
This is probably the only item I have used ever since I've received the bag and I ACTUALLY get to use. Its amazingly moisturizing and I love it. It is USDA Organic and it is the best. But I feel like this shouldn't be considered the full size product for a subscription service. I guess this was a $10 lipbalm.

OVERALL RATING:
This bag is a 6/10. Could've been better, but there were some decent products. PLUS the BAG was flimsy and something I would've gave to my 8 year old cousin.


No comments:

Post a Comment