Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ipsy Bag April 2014 Review

Hello Beauties!
So this month the April Ipsy bag got a lot of raves of its "Beauty Rocks" theme, many believe due to Coachella being this month. Unfortunately, personally, the bag wasn't TOO great for me. The material it consisted of seemed rather flimsy and easily to get stained, whereas last month it was nice and durable. Much of the rave of the bag came from the fact that a couple of larger, well-known brands were sponsored, such as Urban Decay, Dr. Brandt, and Benefit. Now lets see what items I got in my bag, along with quotes from other Ipsters.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet: 

The color offered to all was, obviously in Black Velvet. Urban Decay describes this liner as, "an ultra velvety, plush version of our creamy, waterproof 24/7 formula." Which, I can agree to, as this liner is so smooth and pigmented it should be illegal. BUT, the only thing that I disagree to is their claim that its blendable. Precise lines? Yes. Blended-out? Nope. If you want the best of both worlds, I suggest their liner in Perversion, it does both perfectly.
Testimonial from Ipster, RyLeeVera
"Well, this liner is true to the description: "velvet glide - on!" It easily runs over the lash-line and I love that! I have trouble with liners, this one was easier than most (for me). I also am usually a fan of the Urban Decay line in general so I am always happy to received one of their products! I WILL SAY.... holy goodness this takes some elbow grease to get off! After using my fave eye makeup remover and washing with my Mia I still had racoon eyes! Needed to used my eye makeup remover 2+ times before I was clean! I guess there are pros and cons to this. It's a con for me. But am I really complaining about long wearing?! ;)"

Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush:

Hearing that this was in my bag was bittersweet. Ipsy rarely adds cosmetics brushes to their bags so I was excited, but it being a Coastal Scents brush was OKAY. I mean the brush sells online for about $3 but the hairs and stability of the brush suggests otherwise. Even though its a larger brush needed for my eyelids, I use it for blending and it works perfectly for that.
Testimony from Ipster, dekayaker27
"This is the best brush I've ever used. It holds the powder better and distributes it more evenly than the brushes I just threw out."

dr. brandt microdermabrasion:

Yeah, this wasn't for me. The sample size is, well, Birchbox size and out of ALL of the possibilities they give me an exfoliator, that I said in my quiz that I didn't prefer. Having sensitive skin, I am trading this product with another Ipsy member as she is trading me eyelashes that I wished I received instead.
Testimonial from Ipster, cfullingtonegli
"THIS IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN. I used it and had an allergic reaction -- woke up the next day with a very red, very hive-covered face and about a billion angry red spots ALL OVER MY FACE. I reacted so badly my eyes swelled up. If you have sensitive skin DO NOT USE THIS."

Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow:

Yet, another Champagne color shadow. In almost every single one of my makeup palettes, there is a soft, creamy, highly pigmented champagne color. This shadow is one that I am trading as well, because there are other Ipsters out there who are just starting out their collection and they deserve it more than I do.
Testimonial from Ipster, Stephtopia
"I didn't realize what a beautiful shimmer it would have until I put it on. It's a lovely, neutral, peachy base that looks great up by the brow and in the corner of my eye."

Starlooks Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil:

LOVE. Definitely and amazing product. An all over nude that warms into anyone's skin color. The peachy-nude glides on smooth, and is long lasting, hence the name. This items made my bag a thousand times better, making up for the other two downers.
Testimonial from Ipster, ladyshalott
"Loved this color and the wear was amazing! i really didn't have to touch it up, all day at school. It pairs perfectly with several of my lipsticks, and looks great as an all over lip color as well. Very happy with this lipliner!"

No comments:

Post a Comment